What is aluminum castings？
Aluminum casting is a process method to melt aluminum, pouring it into a mold, and forming the required shape of aluminum parts by cooling. The aluminum used for casting is called casting aluminum alloy.
It is a process method in which pure aluminum or aluminum alloy ingots are prepared according to the standard composition ratio, then turned into aluminum alloy liquid or molten state by artificial heating, and then poured into the cavity by professional mold or corresponding process, and formed into the required shape aluminum parts by cooling.
Aluminum casting methods
- Sand casting
- high-pressure aluminium die casting
- Low-pressure die casting
- Precision casting
In today’s flourishing development of various chemically bonded sand, clay wet sand is still the most important molding material, and its wide range of applications and large consumption are incomparable to any other molding material.
High-pressure die casting
The information of high-pressure casting.
The essence of high-pressure casting (abbreviated as die casting) is to make liquid or semi-liquid metal under high pressure to fill the cavity of the die casting mold (die casting mold) at a high rate, and to obtain the casting by molding and solidifying under pressure. Pressure casting, there are two major characteristics of high pressure and high speed filling die-casting type. It is a commonly used pressure injection ratio from thousands to tens of thousands of kPa, even up to 2 × 105kPa. filling speed of about 10 ~ 50m / s, sometimes even up to 100m / s or more. The filling time is very short, generally in the range of 0.01~0.2s.
Aluminum die-casting parts can make a variety of more complex shapes but also can make higher precision and finish, thus largely reducing the amount of mechanical processing of the casting and metal copper, zinc, aluminum, or aluminum alloy casting margin, not only saving electricity, metal materials but also greatly save labor costs; and copper, zinc, aluminum, and aluminum alloy has excellent thermal conductivity, small specific gravity, and high machinability; thus die-casting is Widely used in automobile manufacturing, internal combustion engine production, motorcycle manufacturing, motor manufacturing, oil pump manufacturing, transmission machinery manufacturing, precision instruments, landscaping, power construction, building decoration and other industries.
The advantage of high-pressure casting.
High-pressure injection results in a very fast filling of the mold so that the molten metal can fill the entire mold before any part solidifies. In this way, surface discontinuities can be avoided even in thin-walled parts that are difficult to fill. However, this can also lead to air trapping, as it is difficult for air to escape when filling the mold quickly. This problem can be reduced by placing air vents in the parting line, but even very precise processes can leave air holes in the center of the casting. Most die casting can be done by secondary processes to complete some structures that cannot be done by castings, such as drilling and polishing.
Low-pressure die casting
The process of low-pressure casting.
(1) The pressure and speed when pouring can be adjusted, so it can be applied to various different casting types (such as metal type, sand type, etc.), casting various alloys and various sizes of castings.
(2) With the bottom injection type filling, the metal liquid fills smoothly without splashing, which can avoid the involvement of gas and the scouring of the mold wall and core, and improve the qualified rate of the casting.
(3) Castings crystallized under pressure, the casting organization is dense, clear contour, smooth surface, and high mechanical properties, especially for the casting of large thin-walled parts.
(4) eliminating the need to make up for the shrinkage, the metal utilization rate increased to 90-98%.
Casting aluminum alloys is mainly used for parts of engines (such as pistons, and cylinder heads) and parts of transmissions, brakes, steering gears, etc. Engine system, transmission system, chassis system, and other system parts.
Aluminum alloy dies casting is widely used, for good casting performance, casting size accuracy, surface roughness, casting stability, and the high recycling rate of raw materials, to save production costs, casting strength, and high surface hardness.
Major elements (mass fraction) (%)
Characteristics of aluminum alloy die casting
- Durability: aluminum stability, oxidation resistance, aluminum alloy castings will not rust, corrosion resistance; surface electrostatic powder coating, and fluorocarbon coating, manufacturing a variety of large indoor and outdoor decorative products can be maintained for a long time without fading.
- Plasticity: good ductility of aluminum, easy to design various shapes. Toughness can be repeatedly recycled, the application range is more extensive.
- Safety: After various strict tests to ensure the resistance strength of aluminum alloy die casting to earthquake, wind pressure, and weathering. The unique aluminum alloy casting method makes the manufactured work lighter in weight, reducing the burden of handling construction operations and reducing the occurrence of danger.
- Lightweight: aluminum alloy castings also have the characteristics of lightweight, more convenient installation and maintenance.
Application of aluminum alloy die casting
At present, the aluminum alloy die-casting process has been widely used in major fields, aluminum alloy die-casting products are mainly used in auto parts, electronic shells, communications, motors, aviation, ships, home appliances, home accessories, digital shells, crafts, security products shell, LED lighting (lampshade) and some new energy industry, etc., some high performance, high precision, high toughness of high-quality aluminum alloy die casting products are also used in large aircraft, ships and other industries with high requirements. The main use is still in the parts or shells of some instruments because the aluminum alloy forming process has become the most widely used process.
Aluminum alloy die casting gallery
Aluminum alloy die castings manufacturer
As an excellent manufacturer of aluminum alloy dies casting, we offer the most professional solutions for the investment casting process. Working with us can bring you the following benefits.
1. Consistent quality and dimensional tolerances through our proven quality control system.
2. Cost savings through efficient and professional casting processes.
3. Strict quality control guarantees both quality and delivery of the delivered product
4. A professional technical team can produce high-quality parts according to your requirements
5. Complete the after-sales service system and answer all your questions
Request A Free Quote
Or contact us to see our certificates
We'd like to work with you
Send us a message if you have any questions or request a quote. Our experts will give you a reply within 24 hours and help you select the right valve you want.
Tel/Whatsapp: +86 13345064499