Titanium alloy

A titanium alloy which, even under the influence of high application temperatures, has a low tendency to becoming brittle as a result of coarse grain formation, comprises (in wt. %) Fe: ≦2%, Si: 0.01 to 0.8%, 0: ≦0.3%, C: ≦0.1%, one or more elements of the Lanthanide group at total levels of 0.01-2% and, optionally, one or more elements of Al and O at total levels of a maximum of 1%, one or more elements of Mo, Ta, Nb, Zr, Mn, Cr, Co, Ni, Cu, V, Si, and H at total levels of a maximum of 3%, the remainder being titanium and unavoidable impurities.